Makeup Lottery Tag

September 06, 2017

If you could have any makeup items, what would they be? Why? Would it be something you've tried before or something you've always wanted to try?

Other than this tag generating buzz for expensive makeup companies (and possibly making you depressed) it can give you some ideas if you're looking to splurge on one good item but have no idea what. How many times have you heard a friend or someone online asking for what they should buy at Sephora with a giftcard they have. One of my favourite sayings is 'too much of anything is bad'. I whole heartedly believe people spend too much money on makeup and have too much of it. BUT a little indulgence is good :) We often buy a lot of cheap makeup when we could be saving our money for one amazing, high quality product that we could get a lot of use out of.

These are the makeup pieces that i'll be saving my money for - or will simply admire from afar if they are way too pricey for me. As you can see, I have expensive taste... Hopefully you get an idea of what I find quality.  I think my next tag will be about overhyped makeup. If you're a beauty blogger, I tag you! :)

PS. This is my 100th post!

Charlotte Tilbury K.I.S.S.I.N.G Lipstick 

Charlotte Tilbury makes the nicest lipstick shades I have ever seen. She really does know how to pick them. She has ever type of wearable nude for every skintone. I wish more companies would stop with the ridiculous neon pinks and make gorgeous wearable shades like she does.

 
Natasha Denona Eyeshadow Palette 

I rarely do freelancing anymore, so there's really no need for me to buy a $300 palette if i'll mostly be using it on myself - even with the 30% makeup artist discount. But boy, would I have fun with one of those palettes. The shade that just 'wows' me is aluminum, a super foiled silver. Check it out. But all of the shades look very impressive in pigmentation. 


Stila Magnificent Metals Glitter & Glow Liquid Eye Shadow 

These are nice because they don't come with the messy fallout a loose pigment or glitter brings. It's already wet, so will be super easy to apply and intense. There are loads of neutral shade which I like because it makes them more daytime friendly. 

Aether Lashes 

If you like the look of mink lashes, i'd like to suggest you check out Aether lashes. They make just as gorgeous synthetic lashes that are actually cruelty free. Aether lashes all have a pretty taper. I hate when an eyelash has blunt cut hairs. The price is not crazy expensive.



Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation 

This full coverage foundation is said to give gorgeous looking skin. With the word 'magic' in the name, I would hope so. It contains anti-aging ingredients like mushroom extract and a form of vitamin c. If you've heard of hylauranic acid, you might know it's an ingredient that hold 1000 times it's weight in water so makes your skin look plump!


 

Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk Lip Cheat 


Such an iconic product from her. I think it might everyone's perfect nude shade. So bougie.



Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Eye Crayon Eyeliner 

I rarely use eyeliner because I find it just a pain. It never stays on my waterline and seems to end up on my eyeball. This eyeliner is said to be very creamy, pigmented and stay put on a waterline. They have 34 shades, mainly matte or shimmer finish. Strangely, there's no matte beige, so that needs to change. 


Lit Cosmetics Glitter 

Definitely pricey for glitter but this is a brand I can trust. There are loads of little sketchy Instagram glitter brands that I could never recommend anyone to buy from. Large glitter is one thing, but how do we know they aren't using craft glitter. Pressed glitters often become moldy from these brands. Just no. Anyways, I only wear glitter in makeup looks I post online, so I can't bring myself to spend money on even 1 shade but given the chance to have a few shades to create looks with - yes please! They're so many absolutely beautiful colours.   


It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Full Coverage Anti-Aging Waterproof Concealer 

Why does this product need such a long name? ahah. This is one of the most loved full coverage concealer on the market. I love concealers like this because I have milia and under eye veins that need serious covering and this will do that. The price really isn't that bad either for how little product is needed. 


Hourglass Vanish Seamless Finish Foundation Stick 

This also gets rave reviews. It's both a foundation and concealer, it has a medium to full coverage formala that's super blendable. There's a chance that worn on its own, it could break me out, but thinned out with a mixing medium, it's less likely too. I swatched this at Sephora and it felt really nice. I was able to find a similar shade to my pale skin. The packaging alone was enough to peak my interest.



Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick in Honeycomb 

Probably one of my favourite lipsticks ever. It smells delicious. It's creamy and pigmented. It's natural. Most importantly the colour is gorgeous for me. I have dark lips and like lightening them and this does that.


Makeup Geek Eyeshadow 

I have Makeup Geek Shadows and I love them. If I could have every shade, I would. Right now, i'm eyeing the deep forest green shade 'Epic'.



Skindinavia Makeup Setting Spray 

The professionals use this setting spray for a reason. Because it's awesome and can be trusted to keeps your makeup in place for the most important of events.



Josie Maran Vibrancy Oil Foundation Fluid 

Jaclyn Hill got me interested in this one. From what I remember it's one of her favourites. It's said to feel lightweight and have a medium buildable coverage foundation with a glowing appearance. It's full of natural and organic ingredients. Sounds good to me! 



Tarte Tartiest Clay Paint Liner 

The formula is half liquid, half gel which sounds perfect. It has a matte finish which is the only way to go for me. You get a ton of product, so the price is not that bad. I'm just worried the tube will dry up before i'm halfway through it.  




Thanks for your support! Please check out my other accounts! 

Bloglovin' | Youtube | Instagram | Pinterest

You Might Also Like

0 Comments

Labels

Pinterest

Subscribe