Review | Wet n Wild Haul

April 05, 2016

Wet n Wild Contouring Palette in Dulce De Leche. Wet n Wild Coloricon Blush in Mellow Wine. Wet n WIld Coverall Pressed Powder in Light.

I picked these products up from Real Canadian Superstore. They are your best chance of getting your hands on new Wet n Wild products in Canada. Walmart has a selection that is usually picked over, especially in larger cities that i've visited (like Scarborough). 


After I filmed a first impression video, I tried applying these products with a sponge rather than a brush The image above is the result. It was easier to apply with a disposable sponge because I found the pigmentation difficult to work with. The application also looked more smooth on my skin.

Wet n WIld Coverall Pressed Powder in Light.Wet n Wild Contouring Palette in Dulce De Leche. Wet n Wild Coloricon Blush in Mellow Wine. 

Before I get into my review, here are swatches.

Wet n WIld Coverall Pressed Powder in Light.Wet n Wild Contouring Palette in Dulce De Leche. Wet n Wild Coloricon Blush in Mellow Wine. 
So first off you can see every product here has great pigmentation. The formula feels the same for all of them. They are all smooth but have a ton of kick up. The powder disintegrates when a brush touches it, no matter how light a hand or soft a brush. For the darker colours, this is a problem because it's very hard to not go overboard on your application. You'll have to blend more and that can 'mess up' your foundation. Your first attempt won't be good. I find that if I use a brush, it's best I choose a super soft one and tap off the excess powder or buff in into the brush. 

Wet n WIld Coverall Pressed Powder, Contouring Palette, Coloricon Blush fallout

When done right, the effect if great. Don't go overboard on application of any of the skin coloured powders. 'Baking' with these can look horrible. For example, the thicker the liquid foundation I had applied, the worse the skin coloured powders looked.  I found the application of the highlighter to look horrible. Basically, the cakier your foundation is, it will look far worse when it is set with any of these lighter powders. The lighter you apply the highlighter, the better. Same goes for the face powder.

I don't know if you can tell, but in areas where foundation and powder is heavy, it looks really bad. Everywhere else was fine.


Blush
What a beautiful colour! It's so realistic to the colour of actual blushing. It will look beautiful on every skin colour. It blends beautifully into the skin and has no powdery looking finish. I love it. I find it's pigmentation is something to get use to. I dislike the fallout when using a brush. I heard the old formula didn't do that. So that's a shame. I feel the ingredients are on the cheaper side (talc being a main ingredient) You can only ask for so much for a $4 blush though. Totally recommend this blush.

Wet n Wild Coloricon Blush in Mellow Wine Ingredients
The Contour and Highlighter
As a contour and highlighter I feel it's not the best. The lighter shade has trouble showing up on my skin. It's a sheer coverage when blended out (as usual). The contour shade is lovely on the skin, but a tad too orange. The pigmentation can be something to get use to. BUT. As a setting powder and a bronzer, these are great! As a bronzer, it's the perfect shade for someone who is pale like me. For someone who has tan skin with golden undertones, the contour shade will probably be realistic.

Wet n Wild Contouring Palette in Dulce De Leche. Ingredients
The Pressed Powder
I've gone through 3 of these. The shade range is great for someone who is pale. You don't get a ton of product but it's a good price. The formula feels smooth. I love to use a disposable sponge with this powder. If you want to use this powder alone, a heavy application will make your skin feel tight. I suppose the talc absorbs the skins oils. I think a person with oily skin would ike this powder. It's just a decent powder. Nothing amazing, but something nice to have. The colour range is great for pale people with yellow-olive undertones.

Wet n WIld Coverall Pressed Powder in Light Ingredients



Thanks for stopping by! You can also find me at:

Instagram: Fluores
Youtube: Fluores
Pinterest: Fluorinterests
Email: ContactFluores@gmail.com

I answer messages, business inquiries and comments!


You Might Also Like

0 Comments

Labels

Pinterest

Subscribe